Wednesday 7 November 2012

Storm Smiths


Well, back to the essence of the blog... THAT'S RIGHT PAINTING AND GAMES AND STUFF!

I'm closing in on my last Cygnar Warmachine post for a while. I only have a tiny handful of models left to paint and i'm not planning on buying anymore until the New Year. Looking forward to branching out and painting some of my boardgames for a while

The Storms Smiths were fun to paint, and really really simple. Long flowing robes are a joy to paint as you can just ink the recesses and highlight the ridges and they look pretty fabboo. I pretty much just copied what I had done on the Storm Strider (To the point of having the Strider sitting beside me while I painted these guys)

You may not notice it, but these guys were really really rushed in order to get them on the table for A Call to Arms.

Fortunately, they are really forgiving models to paint so they turned out all right.

I recommend them for any Cygnar player. At 1 point each they are a great way to fill out an army list (Got one point over, just grab one). They also work very well with the StormWall and I wont field that big boy without them.

The ability to hit enemy models using a skill roll instead of a to-hit roll is great for targeting high defence, low armour models with stealth, cover or concealment. That's most of the units in game that give me grief.

Coming up next is Harlan Versh (HES AWESOME) and the Piper of Ord (I HATED PAINTING THIS GUY)




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...